Mums selflessly cater to your needs every day which is why we think Mother’s Day is so special.
Why not show mum you love her by taking her to Rotorua ? Treat mum like a queen with these inspiring ideas.
PAMPER & INDULGE
Spoil mum by getting her a gift she has always wanted.
- Polynesian Spa provides the ultimate in relaxation. Mum can enjoy a soak in their deluxe Lake Spa, followed by cake and bubbles. She can then experience a spa treatment and go home with a unique and individual gift hamper. The thermal tranquillity of Polynesian Spa and its ability to cater to either intimate privacy or relaxed family fun ranks this as a sure thing for Mother’s Day.
- Hell’s Gate is Rotorua’s most active geothermal attraction and offers some of the most indulgent experiences. The historic Mud Bath and Sulphur Spa Experience is renowned for its curative and invigorating properties. Mud therapies or massages will be just what mum needs as we come into winter.
ACTION & ADVENTURE
Take mum into the wild outdoors and get a little bit competitive.
- Rotorua Canopy Tours is an adventure loving mum’s ideal day out! It features 3 hours of jaw dropping ziplines over 1.2km and traverses the evergreen native forests of the Mamaku Plateau. Located just behind Holiday Inn Rotorua and ranked the #1 activity in the North Island on Trip Advisor, watch as your mum soars over the treetops and shows her bold and daring side this Mother’s Day!
- Skyline Rotorua is potentially a one stop shop for Rotorua! Spoil mum with a complete day out, beginning with picturesque views over Rotorua from the Gondola. Then take off downhill racing through the twists and turns of the luge, one of Rotorua’s most popular attractions. While on top of Rotorua you can either continue your adventure with Skyswing, Ziplines or mountain biking or unwind in the casual atmosphere of Food Market Kitchen.
CULTURE & HISTORY
For those who would like a culturally rich experience on Mother’s Day.
- Whakarewarewa the Living Village is a unique experience rich in Maori culture that will satisfy and intrigue historically interested mum and their families. There is plenty to see and do here, with traditional song and dance, stories, Maori legends, early migration history, and geothermal attractions.
- A Trip to the Theatre is always a treat for any culture lover and what mum could resist the classic love story Beauty and the Beast? John Paul College will be presenting the famous story of Belle’s taming of the unfortunate beast at Rotorua Civic Theatrefrom Friday 8th to Saturday 16th May. Tickets are available from Ticketmaster online.
Give mum a break from the cooking for once and treat her to a culinary experience.
- Chapman’s Bar & Restaurant is an iconic buffet restaurant, which is located in Holiday Inn Rotorua. It has been helping to create memories in Rotorua for years. With its fresh seafood and delicious roasts (not to mention the mouthwatering desserts) there is something to please the whole family. This Mother’s Day Chapman’s will be offering a special menu, but it is extremely popular, so we advise booking to avoid disappointment.
- Treat mum to High Tea at Mokoia complete with tiered china cakes stands and homemade treats including freshly baked scones with cream and jam, sandwiches and sweet pastries, cakes and biscuits.