When you’re ready to travel, we are ready to welcome you.
As the world continues to adjust to new travel norms and expectations, we’re enhancing the experience for you – our hotel guests – by redefining cleanliness and supporting wellbeing throughout your stay. We are expanding our commitment to cleanliness by:
Using science-led protocols and service measures
Partnering with industry leading experts
Our global IHG Clean Promise
These strengthened procedures are designed to give you greater confidence and hotel
teams the protection needed.
- Reception: Reduced contact at check-in, touchless transactions, sanitizer stations, sanitized key-cards, paperless check-out
- Public Spaces and Facilities: Additional deep cleaning of high touch surfaces, social distancing, ‘last cleaned’ charts, best practices for pools and lounges
- Guest Room: Visible verification of sanitised items (e.g. glassware, remote control), reduction of in-room furnishings/high-touch items, new laundry protocols.
- Food & Beverage: New standards to buffets, banquets, room-service and catering
Supporting the Wellbeing of Guests and Colleagues
Enabling the personal wellbeing of guests and colleagues is key. IHG works closely with a team of medical experts to develop guidance and resources for hotels on keeping guests safe in this new environment, which may include:
- Cleanliness information in hotels and on IHG’s booking channels
- Social distancing operating procedures and signage
- Guidance on the use of protective equipment as necessary by hotel colleagues
- Updated colleague training and certification
- Availability of individual guest amenity cleaning kits
- Hand sanitiser and disinfecting wipes available in guest rooms and at high-touch points throughout hotels
IHG Clean Promise
Underpinning all of this will be our IHG Clean Promise. Rolling out continually from 1 June 2020, you can be reassured that:
Good isn’t good enough – we are committed to high levels of cleanliness.
That means clean, well maintained, clutter free rooms that meet our standards.
Leading this work is our Global Cleanliness Board, a group of IHG experts in operations, health, safety and guest experience working with our external specialists from Cleveland Clinic to define solutions and best practice.
For more information, please visit www.ihg.com/clean.
The team at Holiday Inn Rotorua turst this gives you reassurance as you make your travel plans – because when you’re ready to travel again, we are ready to welcome you.